Subscribe by E-mail
Enjoy the site?
Consider a donation.
Help us keep publishing.
Australia Bank Bankers Biodiversity Bitcoin Coal Consumption Crime Data Deaths Debt Development Energy Environment Fishing Glass Government Growth Homelessness Inequality Labour Manufacturing Media Money Movement Nationalism North Ocean Percent Planet Population Problems Resource Search Social Solar Species Suicide Sustainability System Technology Therapy Vote Watching Water
- Product Longevity in a World Driven by ConsumptionIt will obvious to most of you that Product Longevity is incompatible with capitalism as we know it. The system relies on continuous consumption to perpetuate the workforce and grow enterprise. While there may be a capitalist incentive to produce long lasting products in some industries, the fact remains that breaking down just outside of the warranty period […]
- Product Longevity in a World Driven by Consumption
- Contemplating the plague of "alternative" trendiness I am just coming off a terribly busy couple of weeks work-wise, punctuated by several all nighters out on the town really got me into a unique state of mind…. Its that jacked up rollercoaster ride that starts with you feeling on top of the world, hugging and loving anyone who happens to be near you….. and come 4 am you start the descent towards the bottom wh […]
- Contemplating the plague of "alternative" trendiness
- Towards a Moneyless WorldDebt Slavery"...simply change the ratio of bank-issued money to government-issued money." This, is the solution offered by Bill Still in an excellent article titled : "Fix the Money System before it destroys Israel ~ Positive Money".Now although this suggestion is most definitely a step in the right direction, Lincoln after all had his […]
- Towards a Moneyless World
You have all the hardware you need at the moment to try out mining and can decide if it is something you are interested in pursuing.
An economy that has its basis in environmental concern, sustainability, equality, love and that does not require us to be told we are free.
On this planet we have become mentally trapped inside an illusion, a serious values disorder, that has permeated into every facet of our existence.
Individuals who are unemployed the longest are the least likely to find work, with some employers stipulating “unemployed need not apply” in job ads
Like it or not our utopian economic system of continual growth is simply nothing but unsustainable on a planet of finite resources.
If all the money in the world was returned to the Bank there would still be outstanding debt. Defaults and foreclosures are built into the banking system.
It is not the one percent we should be harping on about, but in fact the system that generates a one percent in the first place.
The idea that our genes determine development has been dis-proven, our environment plays a critical role in the activation, deactivation of our genes.
Human technology today is outstanding, almost beyond comprehension; we have advanced so quickly that most of us are unaware of our true capabilities.
Money is nothing more than a term which represents an abstract form of exchange of labour for purchasing power.